Thursday, July 5, 2012

Create A Cure Featured Artist: Nina Angelini Young

This week's Create A Cure Artist is an amazing mother, chef, mixologist, DJ, and probably other things I'm leaving out in addition to being a wonderfully generous, caring, and talented artist.  Please read on to learn more about the fabulous Nina Angelini Young!




"My name is Yanina Angelini and I am an Uruguayan-born artist and designer currently living in 
Fredericksburg Virginia.  From a young age I have been exposed to all sorts of art.  It became a love affair, bordering on obsession.  In addition to art, I have always been fascinated with anatomy.  I never imagined that these two could meld together and become such a big part of my life.



When the time came to choose a career, I went for what seemed logical and safe and chose to study nursing.  The more I learned about anatomy and how intricately created humans are, the stronger my inspiration and desire to create became. I began sketching again. The main subject being anatomy and medical conditions.

At church I met my best friends, fellow artists and family, Nate and Leah Lewis whom share the same fascinations as I. They encouraged me to pursue art and perfect my craft. When Nate founded an art collective, Somaphony, I felt home at last!


The purpose of my work (of my life) is to glorify God, the Creator.  I firmly believe that He is most pleased when we reflect His creative nature.  Romans 11:29 says 'For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.'


I now know that, all along, His plan and calling for me are to create!"



We are so grateful that your pursuit of your artistic calling has lead you to share your gifts with us, Nina.  Thank you for helping us to create something beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Online