Thursday, January 31, 2013

Create A Cure Featured Artist: Katy Hirschfeld

Hello, Creatives!  I am very excited to feature collage artist Katy Hirschfeld today.  This artist has been with us from the beginning and her amazing work is currently featured in our Limited Edition 2013 Create A Cure Valentine Collection!




"The idea of doing something that goes against the normal grain of society and that also reflects creativity and individuality, while encouraging a DIY nature, is a great inspiration to me. Ive always loved the grunge aesthetic of The 90's, and subsequently all things ''gritty'. As I got older, I was also inspired by Early Punk Rock. This music etched a "rebellious anarchists'" vibe into my collage work. Studying punk rock, resulted in a seismic shift in my psyche; I found myself in a creative rapture and my obsession with that era forced me to react in the only manner I know how, artistically. I chose collaging because the act of collage requires the artist to engage the physical artifacts of his or her message in a truly visceral form; the collage gains the ability to reinvent the meaning of the images used and that power of transformation excites me to my core."

We love you, Katy!  Katy is currently rocking it with the Austin IEI Austin gallery.  See some of Katy's edgy, super creative pieces on her website!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Online