Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Create A Cure Featured Artist: Lead Artist Felicia Woodward

I am so excited to share the profile of our Lead Artist with you today!  Not only is Felicia a massively talented Designer/Illustrator, but she is also a fine artist and one of the most integral members of the Create A Cure team.  Among her many generous contributions to this project, she is responsible for our branding and web/media presence.  Please read on to learn more about this incredible woman!






"I am an Army Brat born in  Oklahoma and raised in Detroit, Michigan.  I started my artistic career early in life taking commissions from my Grandfather (they were mostly dragons and monsters and often not what the client had requested). He always praised me an encouraged me to do whatever I wanted, just to be great at it. He and my Aunt would always tell me that there were great things in store for me and that all I had to do was go out and get them. My Aunt passed away from stomach cancer and my Grandfather soon after. They both tried to push me to use my skills and I want to show them that all their love and encouragement wasn't for nothing."


Thank you, Felicia, for sharing your many wonderful gifts with us and helping us to create something beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online