Monday, April 30, 2012

The Creative Ritual

It's so granola of me, but I really love to create right after a good yoga session.  Of course yoga is a practice that is designed to relax your mind and prepare your body for meditation.  For me, it completely relaxes my muscles and clears my head.  My favorite is the evening Vinyasa Flow class most weeknights at Stroga, but I just got a Living Social voucher for Buddha B so I'm going to give that a whirl.  Do you have a favorite yoga spot in DC?




My creative ritual isn't just about feeling relaxed.  It's also a way to punctuate my day.  If, like me, you're not a full time creative, you might also need something like a yoga class, a long run, or some other measure of time where you have the opportunity to release whatever else has been preoccupying your mind in order access that higher level of awareness you need to really dig deep and create.  Other people are more concerned with preparing the environment they will create in through cleaning it, playing music, lighting candles, etc.  How do you get yourself in the right headspace for creating?


Let us know!



1 comment:

  1. LOL I wouldn't actually call this a ritual, but it how I get my creativity flowing.

    1. Fix myself a cup of tea (any kind)
    2. I sit on my bed underneath a few blankets
    3. And I start drawing......something. lol

    I may have the TV on or music in my ears too depending on my mood.

    ReplyDelete

Online